Self-growth through practice
I've been into parkour for such a long time now, and in more ways than one I think self-growth is a defining factor in the appeal. It's as much an internal exploration as an external one, a sentiment I've heard repeated from countless practitioners.
Inwards community growth
I’m not necessarily into spreading parkour for the sake of spreading it, but tend to focus more on keeping the culture alive. This is one of the main goals with A to Wherever, and I believe collaborations is the way to go. The community is no doubt sprawling with talent and creativity.
Growing A to Wherever
The other themes took most focus as the project developed. However, the original intent was simply to grow A to Wherever, from a small clothing brand into a culture brand, to elevate our level and save up for a big essentials line in 2022. Brand growth is needed to be able to make future projects possible.
That’s cool and all, but how do you intend to work towards these themes?
- Community projects
- The GROWTH film
- Our first short film is in production. 4 athletes from varied backgrounds, a section from my home community, and a section for friends - soon to open for submissions.
- Community Collage
- Call out to all parkour photographers out there! Let's make some sick posters. More info soon.
- The future for A to Wherever is very uncertain, but projects such as these surely is the direction I want to go. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have an idea for a collaboration!
- The GROWTH film
- The Growth tee
- The tee itself is of course the main way of gaining funds for these projects and for future collections. Buying one directly makes these things possible!
- Shorter, episodic stories from people in the community. I want to show a variety of practitioners from a variety of backgrounds.
Apart from these projects, I also hold myself to a few practical goals for the growth of the brand during this year.
- 1250 followers on instagram.
- Start with YouTube and gain my first 50 followers.
- Sell 85% of all stock.
If you want to see these and future projects become reality, help me reach these goals by sharing, commenting and buying clothes!